"The book exists for us, perchance, that will explain our miracles and reveal new ones. The at present unutterable things we may find somewhere uttered."

-Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, March 25, 2012

SPRING!!!!!

Ahhh, spring. All that is left to do is for Vivaldi's version to magically start playing, but alas, such things cannot be. Spring has always been my favorite season, warm afternoons spent in my yard on a blanket with a book, bird song filling the air. Really, it's not something you can easily beat. Throw in my preparations for May, and bingo, yoi have heaven on Earth, even when there isn't any Jelly Beans to enjoy. Anyways, in literature, spring can have a lot of different meanings. Renewal is probably one of the most obvious, but perhaps it can also hold a certain degree if irony as well. Ehere i live, spring usually has the temdancy to seem like a nasty trick from mother nature. I'm fairly certain that last year sleet followed 90 degree weather. This year things couldn't be more different. Man, if I coild move to a place where thjs was the weather 24/7, i would swear up and down that I had moved to the best place on Earth. Spring puts me in a good mood. It'sa giant color explosion, a writer's paradise. Pale greens, light greens, a rhousand differt shades of saphire blue. Pink, purple, magenta and a yellow brighter and happier than a child's grinning face. I'm in love, and every day struggle to place what i see on paper. Besides all this, spring has also always managed to be a sea of calm in the ever twisting turmoil that makes up my year. I don'tknow if it's the weather or the general shift in attitude as people realize tha we are safely out of the freeze zone of winter. Life is mild and mellow in the spring. Not a worry to worm it's way into life. Not a single worry at all.
I suppose i could now say that it doesn't get much better, then contradict myself, but it does get better, because as spring nreak begins, so also does my time until i finally get to visit one of the top three places I've always wanted to see. I must say, it has me more excited than city of lost souls, and that's saying something. I honesty cannot wait, as for you, enjoy your spring. Celebrate it, it has a rare and beautiful beauty that, knowing weather, may crumple at any given minute

No comments:

Post a Comment