"The book exists for us, perchance, that will explain our miracles and reveal new ones. The at present unutterable things we may find somewhere uttered."

-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 6, 2012

Dreams

Troughout our lives, we dream lots of things. When we're kids, we want to be astronauts, princesses, as we grow up, we laugh at ever believing that such things were possible, and allow ourselves to believe in knew things. Sometimes these t,dreams are places we want to go, people we want to see. In others, they're what we want to achieve, who we want to be. For all of my life, I have been a dreamer. I have always believed that wherever I lack something, I make up for in imagination, for, as I have grown older, even though I may have grown out of drea,s of being a princess or of being a wizard that attends Hogwarts, I still dream impossibly big. You know what's nice? When those big dreams, the ones people you won't happen, come true. Recently I had the chance to see and go inside of the Saint Louis Arch. I suppose there aremany reasons that I wanted that, Percy Jackson, my love of architecture, but beyond getting to achieve this, I fohnd another love, a love for the City of Saint Louis that is somehow perfect and beautiful in it's own right. I suppose what I see could easily be written of for a traveler's love for a place beyond their own home, and tobe fair,that wouldn't be unlike me. I am proud,.for a reason that often evades even myself, for the fact that I canview this world not only with the eyes of someone who has grown and come to understand, but also through the curious lens of a child, a brilliant place of satrtling technicolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment