"The book exists for us, perchance, that will explain our miracles and reveal new ones. The at present unutterable things we may find somewhere uttered."

-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The love of reading

Books and I have a very longstanding relationship. It started when I taught myself to read before I was four years old and since then there have been many a moment we have shared. (If you want to skip the ride on the crazy wagon, wait until next time, but I won't promise it will be any better.) There have been great books (Mortal instruments, Edward Tulane, Lightning Thief) and books that have made me surrender all belief something halfway decent is out there(I won't name any names here). All in all, there have been good times as well as bad, but you know the good is winning when you start cheering about book releases. Especially if those book releases aren't for Harry Potter (Let's face it....anyone who read those books cheered when the next one came out.). As of today, there are, wait for it, 7 weeks and 5 days until the release of City of Fallen Angels, and Endure. Bitterblue comes out in 6 weeks 5 days, and to top it all off, Spell Bound and came out yesterday. Not to be a book nerd or anything, but I literally squealed and started dancing when I realized all of this. Scratch that, I am a book nerd, no matter how much I try to deny it. 
Spring and fall seem to be the big book release times. I don't know why but it's true. As with Tuesdays. Hmmmm. Interesting. 
Now if you please excuse me, I'm dancing in my kitchen over all this. Will finish what needs finishing sometime this week, I promise.


A promise is a promise. Now i shall finish. Event though it's Thursday and technically I'm supposed to do a review. Have you ever noticed in your group of friends that there is a very definite leader that ties you all together? Have you ever noticed what happens when said person is missing? That's right. Dead silence. Ahh. The lives of society's outcasts. 


I need a book to read. Patterson is killing me, something that doesn't usually happen, and I'm all psyched about the new Cassie Clare book (Squeal). Nothing seems to be fitting the expectations right now. Any ideas? Bueller, Bueller? Really, I may die. 



2 comments:

  1. Have you read S.E. Hinton's books? They're wonderful and they always get me into reading, no matter what mood I'm in.

    If you want to read them, read The Outsiders, That Was Then This Is Now, Rumble Fish, and Tex--in the order in my opinion XD It doesn't TECHNICALLY matter what order you read them in, but because some of the small characters are reoccurring, I suggest reading them in that order to get the best effect.

    *sigh* I am such a nerd.

    53 days til City of Lost Souls :D

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr???? I have a countdown going and I think my friends (who I got hooked on) Are starting to roll eyes. She has a preview on her website!!!! It's amazing!!!

      No, I haven't read S. E. Hinton's books. What are they about?

      Delete