"The book exists for us, perchance, that will explain our miracles and reveal new ones. The at present unutterable things we may find somewhere uttered." -Henry David Thoreau
Monday, December 5, 2011
Pop Discussion!
OK, I'm curious, what are your top ten favorite books? Why do you like them?And this may be totally unrelated, but What do you have to say about the Mortal Instruments????
Ooh, favorite books! :D That's really hard...I always blank when asked and then then of more later, but I tried XD I cheated big time with the series/trilogies thing...I mean, it's a single idea, right? ;)
It's kind of impossible for me to put them exactly in order, but these ten are definitely in there :)
Top Ten Favorite Books: 1. Infernal Devices trilogy {TELL ME you've read Clockwork Angel?!} 2. Mortal Instruments trilogy 3. Tex 4. The Iliad 5. Inheritance cycle 6. Harry Potter series 7. Inkheart {not the whole trilogy, just this one} 8. The Outsiders 9. Angel on the Square 10. Water for Elephants
TMI: Love them. The plot is fascinating and they're the some of the funniest books I've ever read. Jace cracks me up. However, it's possible that I love the Infernal Devices trilogy more...Jace was my first Cassandra-Clare-love, but Will...WILL... He is my favorite. And I relate to Tessa *perfectly.*
So get what you mean about both. Getting the funniest lines i the book seems to run in the family. I cannot wait for may when the next one comes in Mortal Instruments. OMD. Just realized the 2nd Infernal Devices book came out today! YAY!!!!
Here are my picks
1. MORTAL INSTRUMENTS (there's nothing better :D) 2. The Inherintance Cycle 3. Ikheart 4. Harry Potter 5. Théâtre Illuminata 6. Maximum Ride 7.Ranger's Apprentice 8. Lord of the Rings 9. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane 10.I'll Be There
Is Water for Elephants good? My sister read it, and said it was, but what's it about?
Water for Elephants is about a guy who joins a circus basically. I liked getting the inside scoop feel on carnival/circus life, and the story is just really interesting. I don't think it's the kind of book EVERYONE would love, though. It has the potential to be really boring. But you should check it out :)
And now I'm gonna have to look for those books on your list that I haven't read! Especially since we share a lot of the same favorites. We must have the same taste.
Ooh, favorite books! :D That's really hard...I always blank when asked and then then of more later, but I tried XD I cheated big time with the series/trilogies thing...I mean, it's a single idea, right? ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's kind of impossible for me to put them exactly in order, but these ten are definitely in there :)
Top Ten Favorite Books:
1. Infernal Devices trilogy {TELL ME you've read Clockwork Angel?!}
2. Mortal Instruments trilogy
3. Tex
4. The Iliad
5. Inheritance cycle
6. Harry Potter series
7. Inkheart {not the whole trilogy, just this one}
8. The Outsiders
9. Angel on the Square
10. Water for Elephants
TMI: Love them. The plot is fascinating and they're the some of the funniest books I've ever read. Jace cracks me up. However, it's possible that I love the Infernal Devices trilogy more...Jace was my first Cassandra-Clare-love, but Will...WILL... He is my favorite. And I relate to Tessa *perfectly.*
~Stephanie
*think, not then. *sigh* I'm distracted today XD
ReplyDeleteSo get what you mean about both. Getting the funniest lines i the book seems to run in the family. I cannot wait for may when the next one comes in Mortal Instruments.
ReplyDeleteOMD. Just realized the 2nd Infernal Devices book came out today! YAY!!!!
Here are my picks
1. MORTAL INSTRUMENTS (there's nothing better :D)
2. The Inherintance Cycle
3. Ikheart
4. Harry Potter
5. Théâtre Illuminata
6. Maximum Ride
7.Ranger's Apprentice
8. Lord of the Rings
9. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
10.I'll Be There
Is Water for Elephants good? My sister read it, and said it was, but what's it about?
*in not i. my n key is sticking :(
ReplyDeleteWater for Elephants is about a guy who joins a circus basically. I liked getting the inside scoop feel on carnival/circus life, and the story is just really interesting. I don't think it's the kind of book EVERYONE would love, though. It has the potential to be really boring. But you should check it out :)
ReplyDeleteAnd now I'm gonna have to look for those books on your list that I haven't read! Especially since we share a lot of the same favorites. We must have the same taste.
~Stephanie