So in school we have to write a ballad. Ballad. Sounds harmless enough, right? Wrong. Do you have any iea how hard it is to writ a ballad when you have a whole list of requirements? Very very hard. My ballad must include:
- A Meter
- A rhyme scheme
- Alliteration
- Consonance
- Assonance
- 7 stanzas (at minimum)
- A storyline
- Cacophony
- Euphony
- Imagery
- Figurative language
- Personification
As for the Batman Marathon....I'm this big superhero nerd (Hey, best-looking people on TV, it's hard NOT to watch) My friends encountered this Dark Knight add the other day when we were watching Sherlock Holmes, we got curious and spent the entire weekend watching the movies. And I must admit, even I, who is probably the biggest Iron Man dork of all time, really enjoyed them. They are seriously worth watching.
Has anybody read The White Cat by Holly Black? People keep recommending it to me, but I'm not sure. I've been stalling for time rereading the Mortal Instruments, but I'm going to need something good to read when I'm done. Any suggestions?
Mauria leaned against the wall, watching the dancers that filled the hall. It was Marod's birthday; he always threw wonderful parties. She closed her eyes, it spread out before her. She was dancing, as she had so often done in her younger days. From the color of the hair that brushed over the head of her partner, she could tell that it was Finnly. Even though she knew it was only a memory, her heart gave a short stab of pain, regret, love at the sight of hm. How he had loved her, and she him, so long ago that had been. So very long ago. She opened her eyes and sighed. Funny how things so quickly changed. She shook her head. Parties, as Mauria believed, were something she constantly bought trouble too. If she wasn't the one causing it, it was always something else. Her mouth quirked up as she remembered the masquerade party they had had on Hastilia's Day back when she had still lived with Saura, when she had been freely able to call Montoria home. The castrophy that had happened then had been a thing to remeber.
She meant to turn away, retreat to her rom or the library, but Marod saw her at last minute, and before she could escape, he was on her, pulling her out into the room.
"Mauria, my dear girl! Why aren't you dressed? It is my party, after all! This simply will not do, absolutly not!"
Mauria laughed. "Marod, I would have changed, except I do not plan on staying, I only stopped becuase this was on my way to the library."
Marod looked at her with horror. "You weren't planning on coming to my birthday party? When it is the same house that you are incidently staying in, none the less! What's your excuse! You can't seriously believe that I won't let you come just so you can stay in that library that you practically live in! Definetly not." He shook his head. "You are coming and that is final. Change out of," he gestured at her Journeyer garb with a hint of dismay, "that and into one of those dresses I know you have hiding somewhere. Off you go."
"Marod, really, I don't do parties. Something bad is bound to happen, and I don't ant ot ruin this for you."
Marod sighed. "Mauria, do you not know that I am quite hoping something like that will happen? This party is getting rather boring. I don't even know half these people! Where they came from..." he trailed off and looked at her pleadingly.
Mauria chucled. "if you really need an excuse forclearing them all out, I'll be happy to oblige, I be don soon I guess then."
Marod smiled. "Of course you will," He gave her a little push. "Go on now. We can't have them leaving on thir own."
Mauria flashed one of her rare smiles. "All right, all right, I'm gone."
No comments:
Post a Comment