How do we define ourselves? Are we the geniuses at math? The flexible gymnasts? The goofy bookworms? What experiences have we faced? Divorce? Spoiling? Death? Breakups? What do we ant to accomplish? Do we want to be writers? Travelers? Hermits? All in all, what makes us who we are? What perfect sets of words describe who we are and everything we believe in? I really don't know what inspired me to write that, it was a few days ago, but it's a good question. What makes us who we are??? More importantly, is there some perfect poem or story or song that just seems to say you?
Remember that writing competition I told you about a loooong time ago? Yeah, well, entries are due in 2 stinking days and I'm coming up empty handed. Happy Valentines day by the way. I can do poetry, short story, anything, really, but I just, ack, can't think of something and it's. driving. me. insane.
Also: I came up with this really awesome service project with my friend and it's literally about service projects, but the problem is, well we're really not qualified to do anything for it. Sitting around today, we were able to maybe scrounge up two of the things we're going to need to get it started. The basic idea is to hook teens up with service and mission project opportunities that fit that teen's interests and, well, basically make America's next generation care that much more about what they can do to decrease the overall awful condition of the world. Problem is, we can't find service projects, or organizations. Man, starting non-for-profit-do-good-organizations is hard.
Mauria could feel the pound of the world around her. the waves crashed against thee sand in an angry symphony of noise. A light rain drifted around her. It was night. The dense grey clouds hid the sky, the stars, the moon, but Mauria knew. Just in the way the air felt. The way the rain tasted. She was alone. The white sand of the beach were pockmarked by the harsh silver tears that fell from the steely sky and pounded away the sand with an unyielding ferocity unbefore seen by Mauria's eyes. It was as if the world was trying to destroy itself.
Her heart beat in rhythm of the ocean and it's bloodthirstyh attack
No comments:
Post a Comment